Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Gandhian Thoughts…

Reading the newspaper has always been the first thing I did each morning, I even fought my father to get my hands on it first, but these days I just let go of that most coveted paper…..

I just read the headlines a few days back and didn’t feel like reading the newspaper any further, that was because of the Varun Gandhi saga. I’m not a very fervent follower of news, especially political news, but this one news is all over and has seriously disturbed me.

I feel sorry for his thought process, at this young age he carries so much venom in his heart and what is worse is that he is giving words to this venom, worst still, he is giving such statements while addressing public rallies, which is has an audience of thousands. Most of whom are gullible, uneducated and some even young; by far the most lethal combination. How badly can such speeches influence those naïve minds is the question…

Mr. Varun Gandhi even discarded the thoughts of Mahatma Gandhi, though even I don’t quite agree with his thoughts, but that certainly doesn’t mean that I practice violence instead. Everybody is entitled to a viewpoint, but when you are a public figure one needs to think twice before venting his thoughts. If the young leaders of the nation have such heinous thought process then we can very well understand, in what direction we are heading and in how safe hands the nation is…

Something that’s more alarming is the support he is getting, not only from his fellow workers, but also the general public, I read some students even saying that there was nothing wrong is what Mr. Gandhi said.

Today I recall an article by Vir Sanghvi stating, when you target an entire community or religion, then you needn’t bother with the ‘war against terror’-because then, the terrorists have already won”, now I know how true it is.... Mr. Vijay Mallya might have bought back the spectacles of Mahatma Gandhi, but we have lost the vision…Money can’t buy everything…. We harbor terrorist in our own country and still peep into neighborhoods for evidences.


4 comments:

sangeeta said...

the ending para touched me somewer..so very true...u shuld have seen his mother defending him in one of the news channels!! i guess these people r not even worth commenting....

Unknown said...

You should now Start writing Articles 4 pprs,seriously... Urs Thougts are Hatke but True

ahsin said...

ya... i agree..good one :)
-nisha

Mansi said...

Thanks Nisha..