Friday, June 19, 2009

HEY RAM
Know if he could; the pain
his beloved motherland is in,
how grateful the Mahatma would be
to the bullet which silenced him.

Satyagriha; he fought the British with
has overrun the nation like plague,
a razor in the hands of monkeys
he would think; did he give.

Cacophony of last laugh of monsters,
cast, creed, inequalities, poverty& violence;
he fought all his life; would
make him fast everyday; unto death

Seeing spottless khadi clothing unclear souls;
wheel would cry& spindle shiver,
without an assassin he would fall
everyday& every night- Hey Ram.

My father wrote this poem about 15 years back...I read it today.

Love you papa...one day I will make sure that you pick up that pen again for writing such stuff other than just signing and reviewing official files...



4 comments:

Khush said...

Man....now I kno where it comes from....its in d genes!!! :)
Amazing yaar...!!I too wish he starts writing again..!!
Touched d heart..!! :)

Mansi said...

I knew papa used to write but had never read anything...got a chance to sneak into his file n found this one...will post other poems also...I knew he writes articles but reading a poem was a surprise...I can't write poems...n probably never as good or even closer to what he does...

zinal said...

truly amazing..outstanding n heart-touching one... i reallly wish that he writes again.. looking forward to his other poems...

sangeeta said...

:) loved it...guess i told u abt me reading it to my dad..and he getting nostalgic about his young days...even he used to write...those five minutes of talk with him mansi..i saw a serene smile on his face :) :)